Sunday, November 04, 2007

I've always wondered...

One of the things I was looking forward to when I went to Chicago was visiting H&M. Normally I am in love with everything I see at H&M, but this time I was a little disappointed. Though I did find this black dress that I fell in love with--a black audrey hepburn esque dressed. I searched all over and finally found one dress (albeit that it was a size too big). I went into the dressing room and put the dress on and knew I had to have it. The belt could fix the problem of it being too big. I went to unzip the zipper and couldn't. The zipper was stuck! After a couple of minutes I knew it wasn't going to budge and that I was going to have to ask for some help. I kept hoping that it would just magically unzip itself because I really wanted the dress! Three store workers later, it still wouldn't budge and scissors had to be employed. I felt a little self conscious as I stood in the middle of the dressing room while they cut the dress off of me. I am sure that people thought I had tried on too small of a size and now couldn't get it off! I have to admit that there were times before this happened that I wondered what stores did when someone got stuck in their clothing. Did the cut it off? Did they make the person pay for the ruined garment? I've heard of people cutting off wedding and prom dresses, but I've never known anyone else that had to have been cut out of a dress at a store! Good news was that during the ordeal they found a dress in my size.

1 comment:

Megan and Todd said...

Amy, I love H&M too! I have been dying forever to go to one, but alas, UT and ID just aren't H&M-worthy yet, I guess. oh well. I'm glad you got some cute stuff!