Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Diamond in the Rough

I came across this video and story yesterday and it made such an impression on me.

Maybe it's because I think we can all relate. I think we have felt at one time or another that everybody is against us, that we haven't been given the opportunities we would like, we've been judge for who we are on the outside instead of what we are in the inside.

I think about all the times in my life where if I had left my initial judgment at that, what I would have ended up missing out. Some of my greatest friends have been ones that I've misjudged.

I also liked how she wasn't afraid to go after her dream when the opportunity was finally presented. Sometimes we only get that one chance but don't always realize the chance we've been given and so we let is slip by us.

Take a moment watch the video and remember to seize life and it's opportunities.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I love Susan! How cute she is and she has never been kissed either! I wonder whether that will change now? xx