Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Overhead at the BYU football game

This was probably the highlight from last Saturday's football.

I was on the phone with my sister as I was getting ready to walk into the stadium in front of the cougar when all of the sudden the crowd of people in front of me stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. Which really confused me because I was trying to figure out why exactly with kickoff just moments away no one was moving. It was then that I noticed that the BYU police had surrounded a car and were helping somebody into a waiting golf cart and realized that it was President Monson and his wife. It seems that at the same I realized who it was, so did everybody else because you could hear "look it's President Monson" being whispered and people began lining the path snapping pictures.

It was at this point when some BYU fan behind me said, "I don't even know why they have the police surrounding him. If some crazy guy with a gun were to come up right now, we wouldn't let anything happen to President Monson. I know I would take a bullet for him, and I'm probably not the only one!"

3 comments:

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

That's pretty cool you saw President Monson! Too bad the game was such a disapointment. Here's to this Saturday!

The Ortons said...

hhahahahah i love that that guy said that. hahaha classic.

Logan and Emily said...

awesome post!