Monday, November 02, 2009

Haven't Met You Yet

I loved President Uchtdorff's talk last night. It was an amazing talk that dealt with the struggles of being single with the sensitivity and hope that as singles are all looking for. I don't usually write about being single, mainly because it's too painful. I thought I knew what it was like to be lonely at 21 or 22, but I've learned that it's nothing being lonely at 26 or 27. At 21 or 22 it was easy to have hope in the things you want, but the same doesn't always hold true the older we get. Which is probably why this song struck such a cord with me. It was a reminder not to give up hope.

I Might Have To Wait
I'll Never Give Up
I Guess It's Half Timing
And The Other Half's Luck
Wherever You Are
Whenever It's Right
You Come Out Of Nowhere And Into My Life

5 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Aim--I loved it! I was trying to figure out the dancing in the parking lot, but it all tied in very well once he leaves the store. Thanks for the laugh...and the hope! I'll keep my eye out for the handsome men at the grocery store for you...you never know, right?

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Aim, I read your post earlier this week and have thought about it several times since. I also loved President Uchtdorf's fireside. The principle of the Lord's timing vs. ours applies to so many aspects of life. Thanks for your example of faith and goodness!

Loraine said...

Amy,

Come visit us in Atlanta.

Love ya

Brittany said...

Amy-
I totally feel you. The older I get and remain single the harder it is. It's nigh impossible for me to even imagine getting/being married. But I have to hope and that's enough for now.

sachiko and mark said...

I know I don't know you super well, but you are beautiful, brilliant, charming and kind. I wish I knew more good single guys. But if not, you're still a spectacle of a woman, Amy.