The past couple of weeks has brought a bunch of life lessons--some have been, yep, shouldn't have done that, while others have been more tender, and a few have been learned the hard way.
1. Making salsa in a magic bullet isn't the smartest idea, it turns the salsa into a smoothie.
2. If the toilet seat is left up, of course you are going to drop your makeup brush into it.
3. Never go pants shopping when you are bloated.
4. If you are getting a group together for breakfast, make sure you check that the restaurant is open before you get there.
5. You will always lose phone battery power exactly when you need it.
6. The so called "glamorous" church callings aren't really so "glamorous" and mostly just involve a lot of meetings.
7.The Lord takes every opportunity to make you grow, even if you don't always want them.
8. You never know when a return on effort put forth will happen, but it usually happens when you least expect it.
9. Using spread sheet to organize a trip is brilliant. I will no longer make fun of people who use them.
10. It doesn't take that long the first time at the pool before you look like a lobster.
11. When tough things happen, you will find out that people will amaze you.
12. That it's difficult to say "but if not..." when things don't go exactly how you want them to go.
13. If you aren't willing to put the effort in, you can't complain at the outcome.
14. That having your camera with you at all times is a good idea. You never know when you will need it to document something miraculous.
15. The one dinner that I have ready on-time for dinner group is the one week that everybody is late. But when I am running behind they are punctual.
16. You will always find a cheaper flight the morning AFTER you've purchased your tickets. So it's better just not to check.
17. Things always take longer than expected and if you think you can fix the table, decorate for a bridal shower and make rolls in less than an hour and a half, it won't happen.
18. Always check who you are sending a text to before you send it, because you may not want it to go to the person you just sent it to.
19. It's never a good idea to eat a lot of fiber before you go to the temple.