Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Miracles


We talk about miracles all the time, and yesterday I saw a true miracle-- the birth of Drew Spencer Orton.

For a pregnancy that we feared wouldn't make it to 22 weeks, seeing a healthy baby born at 37 really is nothing short of miraculous. And when I held him in my arms yesterday I felt that miracle.

I thought about the sacrifice of his mother, who's spent 17 very long weeks on bed rest in hopes that he would be born healthy and a brother who will work so hard to ensure that his unborn son had the best medical care. I saw their strong faith believing that everything would be ok. I was reminder of the power of prayer and fasting and that those things can bring about miracles. But mostly I was reminded that miracles, large and small, really do exist.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

So precious. Congratulations Aunt!

Brenda said...

Being an aunt is so fun. I'm so excited for you!

Hayley said...

I read their story a while ago...they really seem like wonderful people and I know that an experience like that will make them even better parents! Congrats! xx