Friday, February 24, 2012

29 photo challenge: day 24


Growing up my dad had a pair of slippers that he started duct taping when they fell apart. When asked why, he said that because he never found a pair of slippers he loved as much. I must be my dad's daughter because I've grown into a bit of a slipper snob. My all time favorite pair of slippers is the red pair on the left. I got them in high school and have spent years searching for the perfect replacement (the other two are decent replacements). Those slippers came with me to college, study abroad, vacations, and every move. I've got great memories of wearing them on campus, to the grocery store, "stalking boys," and during late night chats. They may be ripped and no longer have any padding, but I don't think I'll ever be able to throw them out.

No comments: