Friday, February 03, 2012

29 Photo Challenge: Day 3

Hands

Do you know how many shoots it took me to get this picture? Let's just say a lot.

Many artist talk about how hands are the hardest thing to render and a few months it finally hit me why. Our hands are not meant to be still, we are not meant to be idle. Our hands are meant to be serving, to be doing something. Which I think that's why it's so symbolic when the Lord talks about hands (and there are over 3000 references in the scriptures) :stretching forth his hand, delivering from the hands of the enemies, right hand vs. left hand, hand of the servant, and to lead us by the hand. But for me, I think it's most powerful when you think how they secured the Lord to the cross by his hands. Doing so, they mocked the significance of what His hands had accomplished during His ministry. And yet, the Lord after His resurrection choose to leave the holes in His hand as a very viable symbol of what He did for us and what He can do for each of us.

3 comments:

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

You are amazing. I want to be more like you!

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Awesome insight, Ames. I can't wait to see you next weekend and catch up more.