One of the things I hate about a new year is that panicked feeling I get that despite everything I did last year, it wasn't good enough and somehow I still failed miserably on where I wanted to be at the end of the year. So, lets just say making new goals at the beginning of each year isn't my favorite thing.
I was surprised that after a 2 1/2 hour FHE fireside (and I came 45 minutes late), my brain was functioning and I was able to pull out anything worthwhile--especially on goals! But our stake president had great suggestions called his 12 in 12, cheesy I know. What I liked about these goals was that not only do they seemed manageable, but they're small enough that if I do them, I know this year can be a success, even if the major goals I've set for myself don't turn out.
1. Pray morning and night
2. Indulge yourself in the arts
3. Regularly attend the temple
4. Do something daring and bold (challenge yourself)
5. Serve with all your heart
6. Fast with a purpose
7. Get outside, a lot (experience God's beauty)
8. Daily scripture moments
9. Surprise someone (deliver on something not expected of you)
10. Eat, sleep, and exercise right
11. Keep a journal
12. Take time to reflect