Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tell It To Me Tuesday


I don't know who said this quote, but isn't it pretty wonderful?

Yesterday I reminded how true this statement really is.

It had been difficult week going into ward conference. I was frustrated over dating, work, life decisions, and so many things I felt powerless over. In my prayers, I had mentioned that I felt forgotten and that my life seemed to be one disappointment after another. 

I don't know if I even voiced the fact that I need a little tender mercy to show me He was aware and that He had something planned for me. As the meeting was wrapping up, the Stake President (whom I love dearly), called upon me to bear my testimony about the things I knew. I know that it was God's way of saying two things. First, even thought I feel like so many of my prayers aren't answered, He very mindful of those things I need. Second, that by being forced to testify of what I knew, He was reminding me of the things I did know that have been a little dim recently.

That acknowledgment of an unspoken prayer was exactly what I needed. So go put this quote somewhere you can see it, because, trust me, we'll all need to be reminded of it pretty much on a daily basis.



1 comment:

Rachel Eddington said...

Go Amy. Love your guts.