Friday, May 30, 2014

Open Tabs

I can't believe that it's Friday already. Where did the time go? It probably has something to do with the fact that Monday was holiday, hip hip hooray, and the rest of the week has been spent preparing for an adventure to Miami. 90% of you have just started singing in your head, Welcome to Miami. Buenvenidos a Miami, and yes, you're welcome for getting that classic 90's song stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

These darling little people arrived for the summer. Happy, happy day. At least for the next couple months I'll be able to get my fill of all my nieces and nephews before they disappear again to the dark corners of the earth. :(










Now that you've gotten your cuteness fill, here's what caught my eye this week.

It's graduation time. Yah, for reaching that milestone and welcome to the real world. Which if nobody's told you by now, it's not as glamorous as you think it's going to be. Granted it's got some benefits. It's also got responsibility, drudgery, and real-life stuff.  Which is why I LOVED this graduation speech by Naval Admiral William H. McRaven at University of Texas. Seriously, you need to read it. It was honest about what graduates will face while reminding them so much of what happens in life is how they deal with disappointments.

Remember my last post about my dating monsoon? Well, this infographic gives a visual representation to what a dating adventure kind of looks like. It also makes me want to chart my own dating journey. Maybe I just will.

While I'll always love Provo, hopefully one day I'll find my way back, Salt Lake has become home. Which coming from a Utah country girl who thought everything past the point of the mountain was of the devil, it's saying something. I'm not the only one who has fallen in love with Salt Lake, Ty Burrell wrote a pretty great love letter to the city.

I have a fascination with maps and information and have collected my fair share of random information over the years. You'll not be disappointed with these 26 maps filled with useless information. I personally think #19 is pretty awesome.

And of course we've all seen the Vocal Point take on Newsies. Which not only was great, but fostered a need to watch the original. Still as awesome as it was when it came out 22 years ago. Yes, 22 years!


No comments: