Monday, June 02, 2014

Conversation

I just finished my fourth date in as many days. Two were pretty good. Two were pretty painful. As I analyzed what the difference between the good and the bad, it all came down to one simple thing. Conversation. The good dates I came away feeling that I actually knew something about the guys. And more than just the superficial stuff you learn about someone when you meet them. 

Dating/friendships/family all require work. It's so much easier to invest when we know the person and you can't know the person without spending time with them. And you want to know something. I have some of the most incredible people in my life who have allowed me to see who they are, and who have in turn, have peered into my soul and smoothed the hurts. And that's a huge blessing. 

No comments: