Monday, January 12, 2015

Bring on 2015

I love this time of year--the reflection on the events that have brought you to this point and the anticipation of the promise of things to come in a new year. To say I was blessed in 2014, would be an understatement. Yes, my life was not 100% perfect, but it was pretty darn good.

Probably the greatest lesson I learned in 2014 was to embrace the life I've been given and to love what it brought me--the good, the bad, and the ugly (and there was a little bit of all in the year). And here's how I did that.

DO THE HARD THING
Push yourself. Move outside of your comfort zone. Forgive others. Forgive yourself. Change bad habits. Establish new ones.

TRUST YOURSELF
Trust your instincts. Trust your strengths. Trust your abilities. Trust your awesomeness.

TRUST GOD
Trust that He is aware. Trust that He knows. Trust that He answers.

FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS
Family, friends, and the Gospel.

LIVE IN THE MOMENT
Laugh more. Watch more sunsets and sunrises. Be spontaneous. Be passionate. Buy yourself flowers and chocolates. Cuddle babies. Sing loudly in the car.

CREATE THE MOMENT
Embrace new talents. Make new friends. Try something new. Strengthen old relationships.

EMBRACE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Instead of looking at them as something to be endured, fully embrace what you're meant to learn.

TRUST IN TIMING
Trust that above all, God has very specific timing.

Bring on 2015, because I've got this.

No comments: