Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday 5

Sometimes, it still shocks me how quickly time goes. I feel like it was just yesterday I was having to remember to write 2016 on everything and now, we're half way through the month.

1. I've been making my bed--properly. I love the look of a well made bed, but most mornings I either don't make my bed, or I haphazardly pull up the blankets and throw the pillows on. Spending those extra couple of minutes has made a difference in my day. When my bed is properly made, I realize I'm more likely to make sure everything else is too.

2. I spent way too much time looking for my favorite fingernail polish. Due to being left out in the cold, my very favorite fingernail polish NYC Park Avenue, broke. No big deal I thought. I'll just grab it on my next trip to the grocery store. Wrong! I tried one store, than another, and another and still was coming up empty handed. At which point I was starting to panic. Which is crazy. To panic over a super cheap bottle of fingernail polish. But I did, because well, it's my favorite! I was getting so desperate, I was almost willing to pay the $20 bucks for a $2 bottle on Amazon. On store number 5, I found two bottles and promptly purchased both and it felt like a MAJOR win.

3. Christmas cards came down. During the month of December I eagerly check the mailbox for Christmas cards. I love catching up on people's adventures and seeing their lovely faces on my fridge. I hate that moment when they finally have to come down.

4. I've been running again--it's time to start tri training. The worst part about doing any race is the preparation. There are many mornings when I'd rather stay in my warm bed, then get up and start running. Once I do I love what my body can do. (Plus, I'm motivated to make sure I get my fitbit steps in)  I've been a slacker when it comes to working out, so I was very happy that I ran 1.5 miles this week without stopping.

5. I finished The Great British Baking show and can I just say, that's what reality TV should be all about. It was a show that highlighted talent, seriously, they were amazing, without making people look dumb or stupid. There was no cat fighting--just people who liked each other. It didn't matter who went home each week, I was sad to see them go.

No comments: