Monday, January 25, 2016

Friday 5

I'm a little behind on the game for last week. Oh well!

1. In the happiness of having a day off in the middle of January, it's easy to take for granted the struggles of all who have contributed to freedom, democracy and equality. Each year I'm glad for the reminder that change can be accomplished without hatred and violence.

2. Sometimes it's the silliest things that mean the most. Due to a series of plans falling through on MLK Jr. Day, we found ourselves at one of those nickel arcades. We spent the next few hours playing silly arcade games and trying to beat each other. Our favorite though, was this game where you throw balls at baby gophers. We were struck by how absurd we felt throwing all those balls at and trying to get them killed.

3. There are days when laughing with good friends is heart healing. I don't know how I'd ever have made it through all these lonely and tough single years without the most amazing group of friends.

4. I'm grateful that I've mostly missed the two weeks of death flu that Matt and various members of my family has had.

5. I'm enjoying trying my hand at something new and getting my creative juices flowing in my glass jewelry making class.

No comments: